University of Chicago, Chicago, IL. Candidate for Ph.D., English Literature, 1993. Studied English and American literature, film.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD. M.A., 1990, English Literature. University of Maryland Graduate School Fellowship. Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. Studied poetry with Michael Collier; also expository writing, teaching of writing, literary theory, English and American literature.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. B.A., 1988, English Literature. Dean's List. Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Distinction in the Major. Studied playwriting with Romulus Linney; poetry with Daniel Hoffman, Mark Halliday; fiction writing with Diana Cavallo, Larry Abbott; literary theory with Paul Fussell; also expository writing, English and American literature, French literature. Wrote a full-length play as an independent study project. Honors thesis supervised by Betsy Erkkila.
The Writer's Center, Bethesda, MD. 6/1987-8/1987.
Studied craft of poetry with Barbara Lefcowitz.
Winston Churchill High School, Potomac, MD. Graduated 1984. Honors English and creative writing classes. Numerous writing awards. Holton Arms Creative Summer classes in poetry and newspaper editing.
- Staff Writer for The Green Man Review, 2002-Present.
- Columnist for Trek Nation and Slipstream Web, 2000-Present.
- Columnist for Cinescape Online, 2001.
- Reviewer for FamilyWonder.com, 1999-2001.
- Staff writer for AnotherUniverse.com's Mania Magazine, 1997-2001.
- Editor and publisher of Now Voyager, 1995-2000.
- Book reviewer for The Chicago Tribune, Chicago, IL, 1992-1993.
- Writer for Science Fiction and Fantasy Feminist Forum, 1992-1994.
- Wrote a chapter for the book Utopian and Science Fiction by Women, ed. Carol Kolmerten and Jane L. Donawerth, published by Syracuse University Press, 1993.
- Film writer for Visions,1992.
- Feature writer for The Charred Phoenix/The Backroom Press, 1990-92.
- Assistant writer for Bob Levey, The Washington Post, Washington, DC, 1990.
- Fiction and poetry in Ethos, 1988-90.
- Extensive writing for The Daily Pennsylvanian and 34th Street, 1985-1987.
- Feature and science fiction writer for The Penn Triangle, 1987-1988.
- Writer of briefs for PhillySport, 1988.
- Stringer for Seventeen, 1987.
- Review published in U., The National College Newspaper, prototype issue, 1987.
- Four poems and one-act play published in Erehwon, 1983-1984.
- Editor of Visionary Company, 2000-Present.
- Assistant Live Performance Editor of Green Man Review, 2002-Present.
- Media Editor of AnotherUniverse.com's Mania Magazine, 1997-2000.
- Editor in Chief of Now Voyager, 1995-2000.
- Feature Editor of The Charred Phoenix/The Backroom Press, Chicago, IL. 1990-1992.
- Fiction Editor of Ethos, College Park, MD. 1988-1990.
- Editorial assistant to Professor S. Schoenbaum, College Park, MD. 1989-1990.
- Board of Managers of The Daily Pennsylvanian, Philadelphia, PA. 1987-1988.
- Feature Editor of The Daily Pennsylvanian, Philadelphia, PA. 1987-1988.
- Editorial Assistant, PhillySport, Philadelphia, PA. 1988.
- Editorial Intern, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, D.C. 1987.
- Film, Books, Art and Television Editor of 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA. 1985-1987.
- Copy Editor of The Penn Triangle and Event Horizon. Philadelphia, PA. 1986-1988.
- Editorial Staff, Erehwon, Literary Magazine of Winston Churchill High School, Potomac, MD. 1984.
- Editorial Staff, The Road Runner and The Ink Pot, Newspapers of Lake Normandy Elementary School and Cabin John Junior High School, 1977-79.
- Excellence In Writing Awards for music, film and book reviews, Green Man Review, 2002.
- Century Scholarship, University of Chicago, 1990-93.
- Graduate School Fellowship, University of Maryland, 1988-90.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1990.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude With Distinction in the Major, University of Pennsylvania, 1988.
- Dean's List, University of Pennsylvania, 1987-1988.
- National League of American Pen Women, Philadelphia Branch, Award for Excellence in Letters, 1988.
- University of Pennsylvania Rose Foundation Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research, 1988.
- University of Pennsylvania Honors Thesis, 1988. Nominee for John L. Haney Award. Readers: Professors Betsy Erkkila and Wendy Steiner.
- University of Pennsylvania Judy Lee Award for Dramatic Writing, First Place, 1987. Judge: Elizabeth Diggs.
- University of Pennsylvania Lillian and Benjamin Levy Award for Best Review, First Place, 1987 and 1988. Judges: Kenneth Turan and Gerald Weales.
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni Society Award for Poetry by an Undergraduate, Honorable Mention, 1988. Judge: James Merrill.
- The Daily Pennsylvanian (Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown Award-winning newspaper) Review of the Year, 1986.
- National Council of Teachers of English Award for Outstanding High School Writing, 1984.
- Literary Cavalcade Magazine National Scholastic Essay Writing Award, 1983.
- Winston Churchill High School Poetry Writing Award, First Place, 1984.
- Chosen to represent Winston Churchill High School at Mount Vernon College Poetry Festival, 1984.
- Chosen to represent Lake Normandy Elementary School at Montgomery County Young Authors' Conference, 1976.
DePaul University Department of English, Chicago, IL, 1991-1993. Instructor. Taught Fundamentals of Writing, College Reading, Common Studies: College Writing and Research I and II, and Bridge Supplemental Instruction: Religion and History.
University of Maryland Department of English, College Park, MD, 1988-1990. Graduate Teaching Assistant. Taught Introduction to Writing, Basic Writing, and Introduction to Shakespeare. Textbook review committee member.
University of Pennsylvania Writing Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1986-1988. Writing Tutor. Assisted undergraduates with both technical and stylistic aspects of composition. Taught clinics on writing for freshmen, staffed the Writing Advisors' Office during walk-in hours.
Jane Jordan Browne
Multimedia Product Development, Inc.
410 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 724
Chicago, Illinois 60605
WRITE ME / MY RESUME / THE LITTLE REVIEW